Control Logixs 5000

sambam2004

Hello
is there any way to count, how many bits are set in the DINT in contol Logixs 5000 and use that count to compare whith actual number.

For example if in my DINT any 6 bits are set then I should get the value 6.

I will be greatful for the help

Hello
is there any way to count, how many bits are set in the DINT in contol Logixs 5000 and use that count to compare whith actual number.

For example if in my DINT any 6 bits are set then I should get the value 6.

I will be greatful for the help

Please explain what you said in red ???

and use that count to compare whith actual number.

I mean if I get the value (for example 6) then I can use the compare instuction like greater than or Less than to control the output

and use that count to compare whith actual number.

I mean if I get the value (for example 6) then I can use the compare instuction like greater than or Less than to control the output

To control what output ?

Are you saying the bits in the DINT represent a "demand" from something and you need to control something depending on how many "calls" there are ?

Whatever your goal is, then yes, you can use the "bit-count" any way you choose. But I'd be interested to know what your DINT value represents to advise further.