Question about Factory Talk View

Iner

Hello,

I have never used this software before and I had some questions.

Can I change the value of several tags with one button, can I trigger script, change tags, load a new screen with one button like I can do with WinCC or with Proface?

For the moment, the button I see can only do one very limited action at once like putting only 0 or 1 in one single tag.

Unfortunately in my experience buttons in FactoryTalk View have only one function and I know of no way other than using visibility options with buttons on top of each other to change this. WinCC is so much better.

Can I change the value of several tags with one button, can I trigger script,(Look Under Objects,Advanced,Macro) change tags,(Check out Parameter Files) load a new screen with one button (If duplicate screen with new tags then Parameter Files also, Or Display List Selector)like I can do with WinCC or with Proface?

this would apply to FTView ME

Last edited:
So the answer is of course, Yes.

If you are using FactoryTalk View ME there is a Macro button object. Create a macro where you can assign each tag you wish to use and the value you wish to write. Then assign that macro to the Macro button object.

Now if you are using FactoryTalk View SE the macro is done a little differently. There is no macro button. Instead you create a button object and use a FactoryTalk View command to run the macro.

You can also do this without a macro in SE. Again, use the button object and for the action use a FactoryTalk View command such as SET to set one tag to a specific value. Then repeat the set command to assign a second command for a second tag. Do that for each tag you require. The commands are separated by a semi-colon.

But, macros are much easier to use and troubleshoot.

OG