junction box in fuel valve chamber

Charbel

Dear,

There are requirements that requires to have junction box in fuel hydrant valve chamber, the multicore / multipair cable getting out of the junction box will be connected to the instrumentation cabinet (which contains remote I/O's) which is located in an electrical chamber.
Both the hydrant valve chamber and the electrical chamber are located below ground level.
Zener barrier is located in the non-hazardous area protecting any electrical spark from the non-hazardous area to occur in the hazardous area.

Technically, is this required to have a junction box (which allows for easy connection of spare instruments) or cables can be layed directly going from the field instruments to the instrument cabinet. From comon practice, is this usual the case, not using junction boxes?

thank you for your feedbacks,

charbel

dear shooter,

you are definitely right, but is it required to have junction box in the valve chamber as stated below?

thanks!

charbel

thank you shooter,

What is in your opinion any way to allow for spares in the chamber, what if laying a empty conduit from the hazardous area to the non-hazardous area, this conduit should be capped (in a way...)and allow for the allocation of future spares.