win cc

mick1985

Im new to wincc

Im currently working on a project in wincc v7.0. I need to be able to enter a value in a I/O field and multiply it by 1000 and then transfer the multiplied value to a tag in order to use it in my s7 program. Any ideas on how i would do this in a vbs action?

Thanks in advance

WinCC

Thanks for the reply

I have around 120 I/O fields in the project and thought it would be easier to do it in win cc rather than in the plc.

I would advise to do the maths inside the PLC. It will be much easier to edit in the future and also provide for easier scalability. The HMI itself isn't really designed to be doing calculations etc. You will probably find you can do the multiplication in one place in the PLC and then run each 'tag' through this function. That way if the maths changes in the future you're just changing it in one place. ;-)