Siemens, ET200S, Add new Safety Card

RoosterFry

I know I can add a new I/O module to an existing ET200s rack by placing it at the end of the rack.
But, is it possible to insert a new I/O module into the rack.
For example; My ET200s a PME (slot 1), 2 safety input cards (slot 2 and 3), 4 standard input cards (slots 4-7), and 4 standard output cards (slots 8-11). I need to add a new safety input card, but would like to place it at slot 4, thus shifting all the standard I/Os down. How can I do this in the Hardware Config?
I do not see an insert "line before or after" like a Data Block editor shows.
Or, will I have to manually move each card down the page, and then replace the object in slot 4 with the new Safety Input module?

Or, will I have to manually move each card down the page, and then replace the object in slot 4 with the new Safety Input module?

Yes, to the best of my knowledge you will have to do it that way.

And pay attention that the software doesn't change the addressing on you.

Hi Rooster
Beware that you'll need a new power module, if you want your safety to meet SIL 3.
You are not allowed to put Safe-modules after standard modules, if you want SIL 3.