Using VBA to run a macro on RSView32

Duganpete

I'm trying to write VBA to run a macro in RSView32
The macro sets security tags to 0 and logs the user out of the HMI
I have a trigger bit in a PLC5 processor that is set with time and a few other conditions. but I'm not sure of how to run the macro from the vba code.
Any examples? starting from scratch here. Thanks for reading
Pete

Pete,

For the PLC to trigger the code you need to set up an event.

In the attached picture there are several events shown but only 1 is enabled.

The event is triggered on the rising edge of the tag only. This presents a problem if an event is triggered while RSview is responing to another event then the new event will be ignored. That is why the first 4 events in the picture were replaced by a single event with the VBA code determining what actions needed to be taken.

Nick

Capture.jpg

Thanks Nick,
yes I have the event. forgot to mention that part, sorry.
So in the event, on the rise of the expression tag, the event runs an action.
The action is (VbaExec (Sub procedure)), this runs the VBA code.
So Within the VBA code I need to run a macro called sec0 on the running RSView32 project (SameHMI) The VBA code example is what I was looking for.
Any Ideas?
Thanks
Pete

PDF link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byszqlog1B1KU2ZQOXo0U2hEMFk/edit?usp=sharing

I don't think I've ever run a macro from VBA. Is there some reason why you don't want to call the macro directly from the event? Another alternative might be to code the actions of the macro in the VBA code.

Nick