RSLogix 5000 2nd window rung automatically changing on edits

Paul351W

Has anyone else ran into the bug/phenomenon where if you have 2 logic windows open, or a window split that when you make a rung edit online in one window, the other window automatically jumps to the same line of code?

I do a certain amount of programming that I model things after other blocks I have already done, so I like to view 2 different pieces of code at the same time, and when it jumps to the same rung as the other window it drives me crazy.

The software does not always do this, and I haven't figured out how to make or not make it do it, but I wish I could figure out how to avoid that behavior because it totally nullifies having a split / second window of code to look at.

W.A.G.:

Are you by chance running any utility that gives focus to the mouse over position? I think the one I used that produced something similar was called KitKat. It was awesome in the fact that it allowed me to use the scroll wheel in PanelBuilder32, but I had to turn it off (with a simple click of the tray icon) for AutoCAD to behave properly and there was another situation or two that I didn't like its behavior.

No, I don't have any special programs/services like that running. I very rarely noticed it in RSLogix5, but in 5000 it happens a good share of the time. Probably a software bug/feature, like you you can't open different routine tabs in a split window anymore like you could in RSLogix5.

I really wish they would've carried similar functionalities forward from 5 to 5000 instead of throwing everything away and starting from scratch.