MCIII Flow meter

jprimeaux3

I need to write 3000 to a register in a Nuflo MCIII flow meter (for a reset)via a controllogix plc using a PVP 1000. Any suggestions on the easiest way to do this. I'm new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mr. Primeaux, I have a feeling I may know you.

anyway, you are going to need some type of modbus master card in the controllogix rack, like a prosoft card, to do what you are after.

There is a prosoft card in the rack. I know how to write to it to change a register value. I'm unsure on how to write 3000 to it then back to a 0 with just one push of a button. I don't know if using macros would be the way to go. I'm not very familiar with using them.

handle it in the logic. toggle a bit that writes the 3000 and at that point either wait till you see the 3000 when it reads the registers on the next poll, or use a timer and wait a second or 2 and write your 0. just make sure when you write your 0 that you also reset or unlatch the bit that you write to with the panelview back off.

If you aren't already communicating with the MCIII modbus, I might be easier to just use a Digital Output for the reset.