New and confused!

buddhaman001

First off HI! I absolutely love this forum and want to thank everyone for helping me (though they don't know they have). I'm part of a startup and as such am having to learn all of this on my own, Everyone says I've been doing great but I know I have yet to learn enough to unlock the full potential of these programs.

So what I'm working on tonight is a main icon that will change color at any error in its corresponding display, to do this I'm writing an expression for a color change on the icon (I will be writing actual alarms tomorrow)

My expression list is for factorytalk. Could someone take a quick gaze and see why this is throwing a value other than 0 or 1?

Code:
If {Plant11\Booster1Fault} Then 1 
Else
If {Plant11\Booster2Fault} Then 1
Else
If ({Plant11\chlorinescale} < 50) Then 1
Else
If {Plant11\generatorfault} Then 1
Else
If ({Plant11\Booster1} OR {Plant11\Booster2} == 1) AND ({Plant11\Flowmeter1} < 50) Then 1
Else
If ({Plant11\SystemPower} == 0) Then 1
Else
If ({Plant11\flowmeter2orresidual} > 1.8 OR < .7) Then 1
Else
If ({Plant11\Systempressure} < 40 OR > 80) Then 1
Else
If ({Plant11\groundstoragelevel} < 12 OR > 25) Then 1
Else 0

SORRY! that was the wrong revision.

Code:
If {Plant11\Booster1Fault} Then 1 
Else
If {Plant11\Booster2Fault} Then 1
Else
If ({Plant11\chlorinescale} < 50) Then 1
Else
If {Plant11\generatorfault} Then 1
Else
If ({Plant11\Booster1} OR {Plant11\Booster2}) AND ({Plant11\Flowmeter1} < 50) Then 1
Else
If ({Plant11\SystemPower} == 0) Then 1
Else
If ({Plant11\flowmeter2orresidual} > 1.8) OR ({Plant11\flowmeter2orresidual} < .7) Then 1
Else
If ({Plant11\Systempressure} < 40) OR ({Plant11\Systempressure} > 80) Then 1
Else
If ({Plant11\groundstoragelevel} < 12) OR ({Plant11\groundstoragelevel} > 25) Then 1
Else 0

Hi,

Wild stab in the dark because programming languages, especially scripting languages, can be very unique.

The line that contains “< .7”, would throw an exception in most languages.

Try “< 0.7”

SWAG 

If (({Plant11\Booster1}) OR ({Plant11\Booster2})) AND ({Plant11\Flowmeter1} < 50) Then 1
Else

They look OK except this one. Maybe need syntax change (in red) or make it two seperate statements.

If ({Plant11\Booster1}) AND ({Plant11\Flowmeter1} < 50) Then 1
Else
If ({Plant11\Booster2}) AND ({Plant11\Flowmeter1} < 50) Then 1

But I think you need to Open and Close Statements on either side of argument. (statment1) OR (statement2)

It looks like all the others are like that.

I was wondering the same thing. I thought maybe he's using a Multi-State indicator and getting an Error.

I am...an idiot. It was a combination, one, the single line tag checks helps alot (removing or and ands. Also....I didn't have a RTu connected...yeah I facepalmed at myself.

Guys thank you very much for your help. I hope someday I will be versed enough in this type of software I can contribute to the forums!