Abb ac drive

PERSPOLIS

HI EVERYONE
Abb ac drive ACS 800 controlling ac motor . Recently the motor shuts down due to fault issued by the drive. FAULT it is displayed on the Panelview,but control panel CDP 312R does not show any fault. Any info on this kind problem .
Thanks a lot.

The CDP 312R is an LCD/Keypad module that mounts on some ABB drives, including the ACS 800.

Is the "fault" message on an actual "PanelView" terminal (that's an Allen-Bradley product) or on some other sort of HMI terminal ?

Is there a PLC involved ? Is there a network involved ?

My guess is that there is something the PLC considers a fault that the ABB drive does not, or that the fault is being reset before you can see it on the CDP312R LCD/keypad module.

I sympathize because I'm doing documentation on a system that generates about 3000 alarm messages per day... while it's working perfectly.

Thanks for the reply. The input to plc comes direct from ABB drive control circuit X27 connector and no network involved. When the motor shuts down the actual command is initiated from the drive itself not from plc (x27 connector feeds the plc input signal comes from a relay located inside the ACS 800).
I hope I have explained clearly what is going on. Once again thank you.

Last edited:
So X27 is a contact on the drive that's indicating a Fault, but the keypad on the drive itself doesn't show a fault.

Does the ACS 800 have an internal Fault Log that shows the last several faults and the timestamps for them ?

As mentioned earlier no fault indicated on the keypad,but warning message ( FAN )that we have had it for sometimes.Anyway drive was shorted out and was sent for repair.Thanks anyway