Intermittent connection with PanelViewPlus 600 & ML1000 over Ethernet

Eoghan

Hello,
Have same FTView 6 programmed application running on PV+ Firmware 3.1 HMI and running on PV+ Firmware 5.1 HMI.
Both connect to ML1000 processor via NET-NEI module.

The PV+ Firmware 3.1 HMI connects every time to PLC
Am having lots of problems getting the Firmware 5.1 HMI to consistently connect to a similar PLC.

RSLinx is set up similiarly in both.

The Firmware 5.1 HMI at boot up gives me a Battery Low alarm and sometime during my numerous Power Off/On it says that the RSLink Server is no longer valid.

At this stage I don't know if it is HMI hardware or something else - although I am pretty sure configurations are correct.

Would appreciate any pointers.
E

Hello,
PV+ & ML1000 were connected through an unmanaged 5 port switch - new out of the box.
As last resort, I exchanged switch and my intermittent communication problems seem to have gone away.
So far so good!!

That would have been several rows down on my list of suspects, but I'm glad to hear you got it running more reliably !

Hello Ken.
I spoke too soon!
Just checked PV+ HMI again & I am not getting a connection to ML1000.
Any suggestionss

Hello.
When I select Config Mode on my PV+ unit, I get the following message:
"Could not set RSLink Entreprise Data Server. Do you want to continue"
Is it indicating a configuration or firmware issue?

Hello Ken.
I spoke too soon!
Just checked PV+ HMI again & I am not getting a connection to ML1000.

When I select Config Mode on my PV+ unit, I get the following message:
"Could not set RSLink Entreprise Data Server. Do you want to continue"
Is it indicating a configuration or firmware issue?