RS Logix 5000 clock function

Terrep

I need to control a water solenoid to turn on for an hour in the morning and an hour at night 7 days a week. Is there a function in RS Logix 5000 I can use?

Hi

Not one on its own that I know of.
You could use the plc time by using a gsv instruction and then with two lim instructions. This would get the result you want

Donnchadh

You need to define a 7 element DINT array with the tagname DateTime (you can call it what you want, I call it DateTime)

Then using a GSV instruction set the class name to WallClockTime, Attribute to LocalDateTime, and Destination is DateTime[0]

GSV WallClockTime,,LocalDateTime,DateTime[0]

DateTime[0] will be the year,
DateTime[1] will be the month,
DateTime[2] will be the date,
DateTime[3] will be the hour in 24hr format
DateTime[4] will be the minute
DateTime[5] will be the second
DateTime[6] will be microseconds

Now using compare or LIM instructions you can create a rung to turn on the valve.

Example

BST EQU DateTime[3] 7 NXB EQU DateTime[3] 19 BND OTE SolnValve

Will turn on the solenoid valve when the hour is 7:00am and 7:00pm

GSV WallClockTime,,LocalDateTime,DateTime[0]

BST EQU DateTime[3] 7 NXB EQU DateTime[3] 19 BND OTE SolnValve

Terrep, the above lines from TConnolly are examples of the ladder logic to perform the task he described.

1)Copy the first line above
2)Add a rung in Logix5k
3)Double click on the rung number
4)Look for the text entry just above the ladder window
5)pPaste the text into that text box
6)Click the check box (or hit enter) to the left of the text entry
7)Repeat with the next line above

You will either need to create the tags that TConnolly provided, or modify them to fit the tags you may already have (like the solenoid)