Fanuc robot mastering problem

russrmartin

We have a Fanuc model 410i robot. Right now, we get the message that the robot is not mastered. When we try to utilize the quick master, or anything for that matter, we get a message saying that there was no pulse, and the robot does not move. All 4 servo amplifiers have a dash in the status display, which means they are not ready. Can anyone tell me if this not ready is because the robot is not mastered? Or, is the reason that I cannot master the robot because these cards are not ready? I'm extremely green with this machine, it has been great to us up to this point. Any help is appreciated.

Russ

First of all, I assume you do understand HOW to use the quick master procedure.

The following is what I have to do after a pulse encoder problem:

Rotate each axis at least one motor revolution in either direction. Clear any faults and try to master again.

Good luck

Russ,

What type of controller is it?
You can't use the quick mastering procedure unless you've stored a previous good quick master reference position.
Can you jog all axis with the teach pendant on?

Mike

we have a kuka krc1 robot. Right now, we get the message that the robot is not mastered.
what can we do?

From memory you need a special alignment tool which plugs in to each axis and the base of the robot. You then have to master each axis individually using the pendant,Without this the Robot is useless.

Regards
STL

STL??? said:
From memory you need a special alignment tool which plugs in to each axis and the base of the robot. You then have to master each axis individually using the pendant,Without this the Robot is useless.

Regards
STL

Not strictly true STL, you can actually tell it that it is mastered manually.
HOWEVER you need to know exactly what you are doing and understand how the mastering works to be brave enough to do this and it's also very tricky (I've actually mastered a KRC2 out in the field with a toothpick, a flashlight, and a marker pen), I wouldn't recommend it to the faint hearted.
It is also very possible to master using a DTI, but again if you don't understand how the mastering works then I wouldn't bother.

Your local Kuka dealer should be able to 'loan' you the electronic mastering tool (usually for a small fee) and this is definitely the most reliable way to master the robot. Get in touch with them as soon as possible would be my best advice as I know in some countries the support is not very good at being quick.

Good luck

Mart

Buy 07kt92 / 07kt93

My name is Fábio. I work for a graphic company in Brazil. I am writing because I am looking for PLC ABB 07KT92 e 07KT93 to buy. However, it isn´t easy, for they are discontinued. Please, if somebody has or knows where I can find them I will be very happy

as far as mastering Fanuc robots, you will need to get to the master /cal screen through menus>system>type>master/cal I suggest you then line up the scribe lines on each joint and do zero position mastering. once mastered you will have to choose option 6 calibrate then use the corresponding "F" key to answer yes to calibrate. If you have a pulse mismatch you will have to reset the puls coder alarm which you can find in the master/cal screen as well if you reset the PCA you must cycle power to complete clearing that alarm (you only really have to go slightly over 90 degrees to establish the pulse....just sayin:)
_

I sure hope that user did let his robot sit for 8 years because he couldn't find the instruction manual ;)

just sayin :)

Just curious, do you know what caused the alarm? If nothing mechanically changed you should be able to go straight to the master enable variable and change to TRUE. Then go to alarm screen somewhere around F3 , press res_PCA. You will then be able to jog each axis. After this you should be ok. If you changed anything on the mechanical side you will have to align witness marks and master/cal that axis in question. Hope this help.

My experience is mostly ABB, but 'mastering' and 'calibrating' were not the same thing. Mastering was done with machined adapter plates and a precision digital level. Then the resolver counts were entered into the calibration parameters. Calibrating was done by driving the robot to the scribe marks and calling the calibrate routine. Does your robot have a parameters list of encoder counts from the factory mastering ? Have you checked those parameters in memory ?

Spookily enough (As this is a very old thread) Kuka mastering is pretty much the equivalent of ABB rev counter update.

I have mastered the Kuka(Twice)with a small screwdriver and a little "Feel" but you really need to read the manual first!