PLC-2/05 program mode

cornbread

Lifetime Supporting Member
Need a lil help... we have the PLC2 software from PLC2software.com. Having trouble trying to dowload a program to a PLC2/05.. asking me to put the processer in program mode... not sure how to do it using this software. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Been thru all the documentation and nothing on how to place the PLC2/05 in program mode. Thinking a big hammer would help change the state.

Already sent PLC2software.com a e-mail. I was hoping others may have used this software and knew the magic key strokes to make it work. When I have the answer ... I'll post it.

its been years but here goes.

what are the F2 and F9 keys assigned to do?
i remember hitting one of the function keys and then 590 to do one function and then the same function key and 592.

investigate first, like i said, its been years since i worked with a plc 2.

regards,
james

Got that pdf, when I try to load the file... get can't load the file..processer in run run mode. Thats the rub.. how do I toggle between run & program with this software?

I used the software to upload from a PLC/2 but not to download. One thing I did discover is that there were hidden function key strokes that led to undocumented features. However I didn't play with these while I was online. I found them by pressing all of the function keys and shift function keys just to see what happened.

I posted a review here: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=84867

I seem to recall hitting the functions keys and at one time was able to toggle the PLC to program mode...this was on a windows 95 laptop... now I have windows 7 and no combo of keys seems to work... so far. Hopefully the email I sent to PLC2software.com will provide the solution. I just need to limp a few PLC2's along until the end of the year and thankfully they will be upgraded.