Siemens S7 To softing S5 PC link

You don't tell which kind of link and which interface in the S7 and the S5.

Anyway, I have done something similar with a S5Lan++ link that I bought here.
It was connected from a CP443-1 via the S5Lan++ to the 511-interface of a S5115U (95U and 948U did also work).

I used put/get -functions in the S7, the S5 has to be passive.

The 511-interface is not very performant. The throughput at best is 500ms, if you have compact data <= 64 Words, one put and one get telegram.

Kalle

I don't have the program anymore, but it was only one call of the FB GET and one FB PUT. You should find examples on the Siemens supplay pages.

I did only use DBs in my prog., but Markers was allowed as well.

Be sure that the IP-adress/subnet fits.
Make an active connection in the S7.
If you get trouble, it is likely caused by the TSAP (RACK/SLOT number) in the connection setup. I cannot remember what I used, but it could be it is mentioned in the PC-Link docu.

Good luck!
Kalle

Last edited: