ML1400 to PV C300

JonAW

Hi Guys,

I'm relatively new to AB plc's having completed only a couple of projects on an ML1400 coupled to a PV C600 over ethernet and also another standalone ML1100 project. For the project I'm working on now I'm using a ML1400 coupled to a C300 (2711-T3M) but I didn't realise when I ordered it that it did not support standard RJ45 ethernet connection.

Anyway i'm stuck with what I've got now and it will work ok but I have a couple of issues so far:
1) I can't find a 5m 8 pin mini D to 9 Pin Sub D cable from Ab so I would like to use the Channel 2 9 pin D sub on the ML1400 to connect to the 9 pin d sub in the C300 via a standard rs232 cable. Can this be done? Any information I can find always has the C300 connecting to Channel 0 8 pin mini port. Others suggest using a modem cable but I'm unsure what this is.

2) I'm running windows 7 Pro 64bit on my programming laptop and for some reason it will not download the driver for the C300 either from AB website or the component itself to use the USB port for programming.

Can anyone help me?

thanks

Jonny

If you want to use the DB9 port on the ML1400, you need a null-modem cable (like the 1747-CP3). I usually just make my own. Google 'null modem pinout' for the connections.

🍻

-Eric