Factory Talk View SE

Gaz_c

Good evening ladies and gents,

I'm currently doing a project that requires fancy graphics, the client would like a web site look SCADA package with touch and drop down boxes to bring up navigation to various processes. has anyone done this / point me in the right direction for Fancy graphics and such.

I just like it practical but customers always want more ;)

Im new to Rockwell, i have a siemens mind so please keep it simple as possible. I'm going through all the options today :sleep:

Most of the major HMI vendors have a lot of history in the "rectangles and text" world. You can almost always tell an RSView-based HMI because of the beveled blue buttons and white text, while WinCC is always green and yellow boxes. Don't get me started on how fundamentally horrible CoDeSys HMI is.

That being said, I think the two best-looking HMI packages are Inductive Automation Ignition and Indusoft Web Studio.

Ignition in particular uses vector graphics so if you're skilled with graphic software and are willing to put in the work to test with various screen sizes and scalability, it can look amazing.

Are you looking for different vendors, or are you looking for ways to make FactoryTalk View SE look pretty ?

FTView has perfectly good menus and popups, and the new gradient shading and support for PNG graphic files in v7 makes for some better looking screens.

"Gadget" graphics from Symbol Factory are a very popular way to get better looking pushbuttons and indicators.

Good evening ladies and gents,

I'm currently doing a project that requires fancy graphics, the client would like a web site look SCADA package with touch and drop down boxes to bring up navigation to various processes. has anyone done this / point me in the right direction for Fancy graphics and such.

I just like it practical but customers always want more ;)

Im new to Rockwell, i have a siemens mind so please keep it simple as possible. I'm going through all the options today :sleep:
We make a drop down menu system by creating a banner and footer that are global objects that reside on the top and bottom of every full side screen. By making it a global object you only have to edit it once if you wish to change it on all screens.

When you press a menu button on the top a popup submenu appears below the button you pressed.

The submenu can also have nested submenus that propagate either left, right, on on top of the button.

Thanks for the replies guys, I should of mentioned FT View SE has already been specified by the client. Never used Inductive Automation Ignition, Indusoft Web Studio or VantagePoint. I will look into these for future use thanks for the heads up.

labeledas: that would be a big help, its always good to see a working example i can understand better.

baldone: I'll have a look into that, I've done something similar on WinCC flex before im still at the finding the the boxes and Events in the menus stage yet :cry: