Wavenis to Modbus convertor

jaconovo

Hi everyone.
I have the need to read the totalized flow from a mechanical flow meter with a RTU to my SCADA once a day. The principal would be to have a reed switch or opto coupler on the flow meter giving pulses to a device counting the pulses and displaying the totalised flow. Simple enough, but I cannot find a maker of flow meters that have a device from which I can read the totalised flow with Modbus or equivalent protocall. I do not want to create a totalised flow on the RTU as this will create reliability issues when the RTU is off for any reason. As I understand most reputable flow meters have products that can display and transmit the totalised flow, usually with wavenis protocall. Due to the remoteness of these applications this is not an option and manually reading the meters also. Anybody have any ideas for me? I heard of a Webdyn Bridge Wavenis to Modbus converter, have anyone used this before?