Red Lion HMI automated emails

Strokur

Hello and thank you for reading,

For about a year the emails have not been sending properly(at all). I am using a Red Lion G315 and have done a good bit of research to make sure I'm (hopefully) doing this right.

I was in contact with the IT department and made sure I had the correct smtp server and domain. They said it is yet when I use an alarm or any other trigger, I will get confirmation that the above action happened through some complex code I wrote and I have an indicator on the screen letting me know that the code has completed. When I have done it through an alarm it's the same. The alarm will trigger on the screen but no email.

There could be something screwy with IT because around the time last year they made some changes, but have assured me everything on their side is correct..Any thoughts? In the image I've attached is the alarm set up.

Thank you in advance for any responses.

Phil

alarmset.PNG

Contact Red Lion tech support, and they should be able to ensure all is well on your end, putting the ball back in the IT group park.

Once you have ruled out everything on your side (it worked before, right?), then you will need cooperation from your IT partners to go any farther.

There is an invisible wall between techies like us and techies like them. It is hard to hold hands through that wall, but with some work and some effort, it can be done.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, so you might have to be noisier than the guy who constantly forgets his password and kicks his printer cord out of the wall to get a higher priority.

I had contacted Red Lion and IT immediately after I had found out I had all the correct settings. And sure enough it looks like the mail server is blocking the Red Lion IP address. So more of a waiting game now.