Factory Talk Export/Import [Tagfile]

Hello,

I have searched for this but have not found a question that asks exactly what I need.

I am using factory talk 6.1 ME. Since many of our processes are the same I like to use the same indicators and buttons. The easiest way for me to do this is to export the complete display into a single export file and then import it into my new project.

When I import it into the new project all of the indicators and buttons still have the same tag name in the connections tab, but now instead of having the processor name as the short cut it factory talk inserts "tagfile" into the brackets. For instance if my plc project file is named "Line1" my connections tab would have something like "{[Line1]STAT_HMI}".

However, after the import of the display it would now read "{[TagFile]STAT_HMI}". I thought that this was factory talks way of directing this into the shortcut no matter what the shortcut is but thats not the case. When I try to run my program on the panelview these indicators and buttons do not work. Any of the indicators with "Line1" will work.

Am I missing something simple here in my shortcut settings? I hope so

thanks

Last edited:
I have never seen this situation but you can do search and replace of the text file. Take your exported screen and open it with notepad or wordpad and just replace your [TagFile] with [Line1] then save an import.

You can also use Tag Substitution after performing the import.

Note also that it is not necessary to do an export/import to bring your display into your application. There is also an Add Component into Application option.

A benefit to the import/export option is that you can open the exported file in notepad and do your search and replace before importing. Add Component copies the file directly from the source into your application.

I believe the Add Component will work more the way you anticipated as far as how the device shortcut will look.

OG