Limitation of data on profibus

A Profibus DP telegram can be max 244 bytes long.

The capacity of the Profibus master is dependant of how it is implemented.

The max amount of slaves is 125. Many master units has a lower limit, f.x. mas 32 slaves.

So I'm afraid that you will have to read the manual.

Kalle

can you suggest me a manual for this ....not an issue i will read out the manual

If you aren't talking about a specific profibus dp master, the answer to your first question is 244*125 bytes of inputs and the same amount outputs.

If you want to get the manual for the probably most common DP master; google the manual for a Siemens S7315-2DP.

And don't forget to check thoroughly the info found here: www.profibus.com

Kalle

Last edited:

Similar Topics

By the way, I have one question. Is there any limitation to address in vijeo citect. Because I only can assign variable tag of string with address...
Replies
Views
I have a Waukee temperature controller that has an internal limitation of only allowing a single TCP master connection. Problem is I need to have...
Replies
Views
PLC: 1769-L35E Firmware: 16.24 RSLogix 5000 Full Edition V16.06.00 (CPR 9) I'm trying to fix someone else's FBD program that calculates motor...
Replies
Views
Guys, I am new to PLC concept and I am trying to evaluate an existing program written in RSLogix5000 which has a faulting module up to 32 bit...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to program the PID function of a G120 drive using Starter. The PID output looks good but the "limitation active" LED is always on...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom