GE Fanuc 90-30 upload with Proficy ME 5.9

The Harv

When we upload from the 331 cpu it appears everything is being uploaded with no faults or warnings other than a name mismatch. No ladder shows up. Any thoughts.
Thanks

We don't know the name of the program in the PLC. We usually create a project with the name "test" and upload to that. We then do a "save as" with a name relating to the machine it is running.
The PLC is not faulted and is currently running the machine. We are just trying to get a good backup and well as a good working program to assist with troubleshooting the machine.

I have seen something similar when the firmware of the PLC was very old about version 3.? or older.
You should be able to see that by going online with PME Right-Click 'Target' and select 'Online commands' then 'Status', neither ladder nor configuration need be equal for that.

Last edited:
Thanks RussB. I am kind of thinking that also. It is on one of our older pieces of equipment. I believe the program may even have been installed with the old hand held programmer. If I do a firmware upgrade I will lose the existing program won't I?

Check with your Local AE or Channel Manager for an old copy of LM90. If they can't help let me know and I will see what I have in the archives.
Or if you have a print of the logic, it shouldn't take long to rebuild it in Proficy ME.

Also as an FYI, Proficy ME version 8.5 has been released.

If the program was created using the hand held programmer, will LM 90 help me? I do have a hand written copy of the program however there are a lot changes with notes from 2003/2004.

You will be able to upload using Logicmaster even if the program was originally created with a handheld. I have several sets of Logicmaster installation floppies dating back to the nineties.

Changes made in 2003/2004 could have been made with VersaPro. If that is the case, you won't be able to upload with Logicmaster. However, given your problems uploading using Machine Edition, I think the odds favor a Logicmaster program.