RSView 1250 Parameter Files

SLJackson

I am trying to load a parameter file using an alias tag based upon which piece of equipment I am currently viewing and I cannot find any combination that will work for me. Here is a brief explanation of what I am trying to do. On one HMI I have 12 identical pieces of equipment. I have a goto screen button at the bottom of the main screen for each individual machine thus 12 buttons on the bottom of the screen. Each button loads a different number into the parameter memory (machine 1 loads a 01 into #1, machine 2 loads a 02 into #1, machine 12 loads a 12 into #1 and so forth).

I can do just about anything using this alias of {#1} in order to use only one display screen and change the alias value except the parameter file loads. One screen that I load would have too many tags on it to fit on one screen so I have made a group of parameter files to break up the tags. So I have parameter files named “Machine No 01 File_Page01”, “Machine No 01 File_Page02”, “Machine No 01 File_Page03” for all 12 machines. What I want to do is load the parameter file with an expression like “Machine No {#1} File Page01” on my goto display button but I cannot find any combination that will work for me. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Under Global Connections There Are Three Tags That You Could Use.

1. Remote Display Number:
2. Parameter File:
3. Replace Display Number:

The Remote Display Number: Can Be Written From The DataSource (PLC) And When Its Value Changes It Looks At The Parameter File: To See Which Parameter File To Load.

The Replace Display Number Is Written To The Database To Identify The Current Screen That Is Open.

So You Can Make A Tag That Has A Value According To The Machine Selection.
Then your PLC Will Know Which Machine Is Being Viewed And When Operator Selects Page 2 or 3 Then The PLC can select the Correct Parameter File To Load.

Note: After You Write The Remote Display # You Must Return That Value To Zero To Return Screen Control To The HMI.This Would Also Require You Change Your Goto Display Buttons For Page 2 And 3 To Interlock Push Buttons To Write A Value To The Data Source So You Will Know Which Page Is Being Selected