AB Flex i/o Question

Udunit

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone put 2 communications modules on a flex i/o rack? I don't think it is possible but... I need to use ethernet to communicate to the module and devicenet for devices in the control panel. I could run both to the cabinet but it would save some installation $$ if it can be done this way.

Last edited:
Have you looked at the EN2DN adapter? This allows you to use EtherNet/IP to distribute multiple (or just one) DeviceNet networks.

OG

** Oh, and btw, one Flex I/O "rack" can only have one network adapter. If you had a FlexLogix, they did have options for two different networks, but not the standalone Flex I/O **

I got a little more information of this system. What we need to do is get a temporary connection from a SLC rack to 3rd party Ethernet devices (Schneider point i/o and scale modules). This will run for about 6 months until a new PLC system is designed and installed. The processor is a SLC504. I am looking for the best way to connect. Google is helping but I believe the better knowledge base is here! This is completely different than the device net posting above unless we can put a devicenet card in the slc and communicate through this device. We will have about 25 nodes (1 scale, 2 input mods, 1 output mod and 1 HMI, 1 scale unit times 5 scaling systems).

Last edited: