Codesys Help

There might be something wrong with the CoDeSys Forum authentication system; it rejects my login, which I know was active a couple weeks ago.

I've seen a couple of automation vendors do teasers with the Raspberry Pi... .K-W Software did a IEC61131 runtime as a demo recently, and I've seen a video from Kurt Braun using the Modbus/TCP library to connect to Wago 750-series I/O.

I haven't seen anything about using EtherNet/IP on that platform, though, just Modbus/TCP.

Thanks for the update. Maybe I am not alone then with Codesys...

Check this out - EIP Class 1 scanner with the Pi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrV7laAJkDk

I could already do Class 1 adapter with the Opener open-source code, and this works well. Now maybe a scanner, too, if only for two hours (which is long enough to test).

While waiting patiently (well, not really patiently...) for the device description for Codesys3 to magically appear in my inbox, I did try Eip Class 1 scanner functionality with the two hour Windows runtime demo and can confirm it works.

I have been thinking about creating a class on EtherNet/IP and the hard part is hardware so I was looking for software solutions. Adapter is all set with Opener, but the scanner part is tricky. I have the Pyramid Solutions scanner tool for PCs, but it's not free, so really can't distribute to a class of students. But some Raspberry Pi's, or even just running on a Windows PC with Wireshark to learn the protocol could be useful.