"RSV.Studio" Activations problem

nino1404291

Does everybody know about RSV.Studio activation problem?

I have a problem with product activations when i opened the FT View SE Client mode to monitor my plant factory
. When i run this kind of mode, the warning window always comes up with title "Product Activation Failed". It says that you have not successfully installed your activation for the products you are running and have a 7 day grace period.
It also written that the file named "RSV.Studio" has failed when this warning appear.

Please help me with this problem,
I would be greatly appreciated
, thanks.

Is this a new installation or has it been running for a while ?

As far as I know, a FactoryTalk View Client should not be attempting to check out a FactoryTalk View Studio license.

The Client is a smaller piece of software that will be your "operator station" software.

FactoryTalk View Studio is the development environment. You do not necessarily need the development/editing software on the operator station.

Are you certain you are opening a FactoryTalk View Client, and not FactoryTalk View Studio.

There may also be a bug in which running an unlicensed client causes subsequent errors when running licensed clients. There were also changes made to version 6.10 where FactoryTalk View Studio licenses used to allow running a full Client, but no longer do so.

Either way if you want to troubleshoot the problem, the best way is to summarize your system architecture and revisions, and call RA Technical Support in your region.

Actually this warning happen when i opened the FactoryTalk View Studio for the first time since November last year.
I want adding some modification for my operator station.
Before this warning appear, The FactoryTalk View Client always open on my operator station to monitor plant.
After i shut off the FactoryTalk View Studio and change/open the FactoryTalk View Client, this warning always appear until now.
Now, The warning counting down the day and i still have 3 days before the grace period end.

The warning is probably true, then: you don't have a license for FactoryTalk View Studio on your computer.

Use the FactoryTalk License Manager utility to examine which licenses you have installed.

It's possible that you had a demo license, or that the license was from a Toolkit and expired at the beginning of the year, or that there has been some other corruption or removal of the *.LIC file.

Hi All,

I am also facing the same issue, I've installed new license activations in which studio 5000, CCW are activated successfully but I don't know why FT studio and studio emulate is not activated. Three keys came with my pack of V.32 software.

Hi All,

I am also facing the same issue, I've installed new license activations in which studio 5000, CCW are activated successfully but I don't know why FT studio and studio emulate is not activated. Three keys came with my pack of V.32 software.

Rockwell Activation support is free, just call them if you have a legitimate license and FT certificate.

Thanks, issue is resolved. found out that my toolkit license was not composed of FT view SE and studio 5000 professional. Now acquired trial license from RA.