Master Disk error

geekboy

Hi, kinda new to this form... i stumbled apon is while searching google... anywho..
I just got a SLC-150 from a friend along with the PC interface and software (SLC Logistics by ICOM)... so i get it home, hook it up, install the software try running it with the slc on and the interface pluged in and it says "Security error 7043-0000-0000 program startup error". i do have the master disk in when running it cause it goes to the floppy to do something....

any ideas, or should i just call icom?

Blast from the Past

ICOM is now known as Rockwell Software Inc.

Most likely your friend transferred the activation from the master floppy to his hard drive and left it there.

Since that s/w is approx. 20 years old, good luck finding that hard drive or anyone at RSI that can help.

I just noticed this post

Last edited:
Activation files

I know the computer that the software last worked on, and its still there. Is there anyway to get the activation files from there? or should i just copy the entire direcory hopfully with the files.

Thanks!

should i just copy the entire direcory hopfully with the files
That definitely will not work.

There should be a program on the master floppy for transferring the activation. It might be called "evmove" (that's what they've been using for a long time), but it's such a long time ago I can't recall if that was in use at the time.