RSLogix500 frustration

lostcontrol

Lifetime Supporting Member
When I open the last known copy of the project that I went online with, why do I almost always get the dialogue to find the matching file?
Often, my files are on another drive instead of the root directory, but should this be a problem?

Is it to do with the program checksum, or data files or something else??
Is very frustrating!!

I believe that the program in the processor and the program on your laptop do not match, hence the "matching file" dialogue.
The next time you go online with this processor, do an upload, then a save. Your two programs will now match and it will go online without the dialogue.... providing you open your laptop copy first, then go online from there.

I actually like this feature because when this happens to me, I know that someone else has gone online and changed something in the program.

I think Okie has the answer, as I am 95% sure that the program's are identical.
Will try & find the project path to see what that does.

I am using a VM, so the files are typically on a 'network drive' that is my host.
From there, I open the file rather than using the RS500 file open as it does not deal with network locations very well. (IME)

I believe that the program in the processor and the program on your laptop do not match, hence the "matching file" dialogue.
The next time you go online with this processor, do an upload, then a save. Your two programs will now match and it will go online without the dialogue.... providing you open your laptop copy first, then go online from there.

I actually like this feature because when this happens to me, I know that someone else has gone online and changed something in the program.

That has generally been the case when I have encountered this situation. I've also had it happen if another programmer goes online with a newer version of RSLogix500 software. Even if no changes were made, the computer with the older version of Logix will have to upload to get equal on a subsequent connection.