PanelView Plus- Can't See Tag

PLseeNewB

Hello,

My PanelView Plus 1000 can not see my tag HMI_Test in my RSLogix 5000 program. In FactoryTalk my application can see the tag but when on the PanelView it cannot. I believe the communications for Design and Runtime are setup correctly, they both point to the controller through an Ethernet switch into the Ethernet on my plc. I do recieve an error however when I create the runtime application and think it may be cause because I am using a Compact Guardlogix controller.

I have attached screenshots of the communications just to confirm as well as the error readme.

Any help would be awesome guys!

Thank-you

Runtime_Communication.JPG Design_Communication.JPG

Attachments

• Runtime_Error.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 20
We had this problem and solving it for us required updating the firmware in our PanelView. What is the firmware for the HMI and what is the firmware in the PanelView?

I don't remember minor revisions, but in our case the PanelVeiw was running a 6.1 firmware and our PLC was a L30ER running 20. The knowledgebase pointed us to a firmware upgrade and it worked out.

Make sure the tags you are trying to read weren't created as Read-Only Access !

I agree that it's probably a firmware compatability issue. Post the details of the firmware onboard the PV+ as well as the FactoryTalk View Studio and RSLinx Enterprise revisions on your development PC if you want help looking up possible solutions.

Hello,

I am using firmware version 5.00.00.55 on my PanelView, 6.1 on my FactoryTalk View ME, 5.5 on RSLinx Enterprise and my controller is a L45S Rev. 19.

I am not what to make of this :s