Cognex string command examples

Steve Bailey

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
The boondocks of Western Massachusetts USA
Does anyone have an example of a successful string transaction between a PC or HMI and a Cognex DM302 barcode scanner using ModbusTCP?

I have been able to successfully trigger the scanner using bit [01] of the control block. Now I'm trying to do the same using bit [17] (Initiate string command) along with the string command block and string result block. I get an acknowledgement bit when I send the command but I don't get any data, just an error code that translates to "Unidentified Error". I've tried every way I can think of to interpret what the DataMan Control Commands manual says about formatting the commands but so far no joy. I'm sure I'll put a dent in my forehead when I see a correct example.