Plc--hmi

ketaciturn

I'm really new to plc, can someone tell me where can i get the basic information on Plc and HMI communication. Thanks

Sorry for confusing u guys..
I mean i'm interested to learn how to link PLC with Touch Panel... Is there anywhere i can find the fundamental concept of doing it? Which is for example a touch panel shows a few buttons and after it received input from user the plc will start to process the input, bla bla bla...

Stephen Luft: Thanks to direct me to that link... it seems like i will have to find out the right link for me myself.. But thanks anyway.

Again, which PLC, which Panel, which application?

Fundamentally, connect an appropriate PLC to an appropriate panel with an appropriate cable and put the appropriate programming into either the PLC, the panel, or both. Then you are all set!

msinclair said:
Again, which PLC, which Panel, which application?

Fundamentally, connect an appropriate PLC to an appropriate panel with an appropriate cable and put the appropriate programming into either the PLC, the panel, or both. Then you are all set!

Ditto!
1) Match cables
2) Match protocols (RS232,RS485,ENET) (Modbus, DF1, DH+, TouCAN)
3) Match power supply (120V, 24V, other).

Note to the regulars: I made "TouCAN" up!

With a Proface panel I believe you will have to set the C200HG serial port to host link. Check the Proface manual for supported protocols. The Proface the same (protocol). Set the baud rates the same and have a look at Omron and Proface documentation for the cable pinout. The Proface manual should then tell you how to program the HMI to communicate with the PLC.

PLC HMI??????????

:D
DO u know the meaning of PLC HMI?
PLC is play live chase
HMI is how a man can interact with????????
u can fone thses animal rite from Siemens
GE Ab ABB put these on Goggle n wait or do what i sais? :cool: