RSLogix 500 crashing

geoplc

I have a Dell laptop running Windows 7 with the following installed:
RSLinx Classic 3.60.00
RSLogix 500 9.00
RSLogix 5000 V20.03.00 (CPR 9 SR 5)
FactoryTalk ViewStudio 7.00.00

Problem is as follows. Evertytime I attempt to go online with a processor SLC5/05 using ethernet RSLogix 500 crashes. Can go online with DH+/DH485 devices. Able to connect with RS5000/FactoryTalk with a control logix processor and hmi. This is all the info I have for now, have a major breakdown, will try and update as much as I can. Any help appreciated.

Try the usual deletion of the RSCommon\Harmony.HRC and Harmony.RSH files, and try using the ordinary Ethernet Devices driver instead of the EtherNet/IP driver in RSLinx Classic.

You can also reset RSLogix 500's startup options by holding down the shift key when you start it.

That's all I can think of right off the bat.

Ok back, Ken you were correct. Someone left the Ethernet/IP driver running, I never use it but never experienced any issues on our old XP laptops, Im a Windows 7/8 newbie, hate it. After deleting the driver I was able to go online no issues. Thanks to both of you for your quick response.

Ok back, Ken you were correct. Someone left the Ethernet/IP driver running, I never use it but never experienced any issues on our old XP laptops, Im a Windows 7/8 newbie, hate it. After deleting the driver I was able to go online no issues. Thanks to both of you for your quick response.

I have never seen any problems having both the Ethernet Devices and Ethernet/IP driver running simultaneously (even multiple instances of each).... But having said that, I rarely use the "Devices" driver for SLC 5/05's, as the /IP driver picks them up. It may be that your 5/05's are "old", and specifically need the devices driver.

A common problem with ethernet comms to SLC's is getting booted offline when online editing, and this is cured by changing a setting in RSLinx, which I will try to find for you....

A common problem with ethernet comms to SLC's is getting booted offline when online editing, and this is cured by changing a setting in RSLinx, which I will try to find for you....

Daba, the settings can be found in the link I posted above...