FactoryTalk v7 project recovery WITHOUT a .apa?

ajmac

Hi All,
This may be a silly question, I apologies if it is but I have not worked on Factory Talk since back in 2007 when it was RSView and I commissioning an ME project on a PanelViewPlus on an old Gas Turbine.
I have been given a HMI folder on a memory stick and asked to do some mods, it's a FTv7 SE project but it hasn't been archived so there is no .apa file for me to recover the project into Studio from.
Without the .apa am I up the creek?

If you have the runtime file, there is a PDF HERE that gives step by step instructions.

I think that's just for ME. If enabled, you can use the Application Manager to restore directly from a .mer file with ME as long as it's above V6 (I think that's the one. Maybe 5.1)

SE just uses the file folder structure for its projects, and the .apa is basically those folders zipped up with some metadata.

Personally I would try to create a new project in SE while importing with the .sed from the folders you have.
Thanks for that, it works perfectly! I could have got the guy to generate a .apa but the site is on the other side of the world and had already finished for the day, I wanted to do the work and have it in his mail box by tomorrow.