Newbie easybuilder

Dafroog

Hi there, i am using MT-8050i HMI with Siemens 1200 PLC. I have been able to establish communication between 1200 & MT8100i HMI and I am also getting required measurements and signals for my Project. I just don't know how u can pop up a window with a plc variable or input.
I have two common windows. One for operations like Start and Stop and the second window should automatically pop up if i get a certain input from my plc.

Help pls🤞🏻

Looks like that HMI is the same as a Maple Systems. I haven't touched EasyBuilder in ages, but I think you have a few choices.

The easiest is to use the PLC Control object. This changes the screen based on the value of a register in the PLC. See THIS FAQ ANSWER. I think you have to make the register zero to return screen control to the HMI.

If you want a true pop up, you can use a direct or indirect window.

🍻

-Eric

Where can I find the PLC Control object?

The PLC input is a key switch (3 Positions) and i want switch between 3 windows.

I am a complete beginner:book:

Did you read the FAQ I linked?

1. Select Parts-PLC Control.
I don't know if your Easybuilder is exactly the same as the Maple Systems version.

🍻

-Eric

plccontrol.jpg

Where can I find the PLC Control object?
Under Objects, PLC Control.

Download examples from Weintek's website.
http://www.weintek.com/global/Download/Download.aspx?wFun=byM&c=Resources

From page 8 of 18:

Change window with Opton List
Demo_Change_Window_with_OptionList.png

2011-03-10 Content : Now with PLC Control Object and Option List Predefine Mode, not only that changing windows is easier to operate, the number of objects on your window can be reduced for a clearer view.

Software is much better today. I use KEP brand, with Weintek software supplied by KEP. They test revs for stability, etc. before recommending updates.
Email support is all I ever needed. Fast, accurate, free.

Thank you guys so far.
I did the the example form the website.It works.
I can change my 3 windows with the drop-down list.
Now i want to do it with my plc input.(key witch)

How can I have the PLC change the window that appears on the HMI? Create a PLC Control
  1. Select Parts-PLC Control.
  2. Set the Attribute to Change Window.
  3. Set the Read Address to the PLC Address that will contain the number of the window to be displayed. When the PLC register changes the value contained in that register, the HMI will change to the window with the new number.
http://www.maple-systems.com/FAQ_ss.htm#change

Step 1 and 2 are fine. But i don't know what to do in 3.

Unbenannt.jpg Unbenannt1.jpg

Last edited:
You want the 'Trigger Address' in the PLC Control object (see attachment) to point to a variable in your PLC. Currently, it is pointing to an internal register in the HMI (LW1), which is controlled by your drop down list.

Since you are using the PLC Control object, the HMI is looking for a screen number to go to, not the on/off state of an input. You will have to write logic in the PLC to make your inputs vary the number in the register.

Let's say you want to select screens 10, 11, and 12 with your switch

Switch in position #1 --> Move a '10' to your register
Switch in position #2 --> Move a '11' to your register
Switch in position #3 --> Move a '12' to your register

The number in the register will force the HMI to display the screen number that matches that value.

🍻

-Eric

UnbenanntR1.jpg