Idec clip

T Gibbs

Hi all,
I have an old IDEC FA-2J PLC that I am trying to get the program from. I have it uploaded to my PC and converted to ladder. I am trying to print it out and it always says "Printer not ready". Can someone tell me how to set it up to print? I can't find any place to select the printer I want to use. It is a network printer. It works fine through windows based programs, but this DOS based stuff is beyond my knowledge. 🔨

Zip and attach the files here in the thread. Someone should be able to convert them to a .pdf file. Then, you could print out the .pdf file. You might also Google a program called DOS2USB. It plus CutePDF Writer will allow you to print some DOS programs directly to .pdf files.
Here are some links:
http://www.dos2usb.com/
http://www.cutepdf.com/

Last edited:
It's probably trying to print to the parallel port (LPT1). A quick Google search for 'redirect lpt1 to network printer' says that NET USE LPT1: \\computer name\share name of printer should point it to the right place.

Can you 'print to file' instead? That would produce a text file that you can print from Windows.

🍻

-Eric