Making VMWare fast for running S7-Portal faster (RamDisk)

userxyz

Hi,

Anyone here who tried Ramdisk software ?
Anyone knows wich software and how to do it ?

What I wanna do is, making a ramdrive of 40 or 50 gigs and after starting up... copy a VMWare with S7-Portal in it to te Ramdrive. Basically running VMWare in Ram memory and not from the Hard Disk.

Can this work ?

Kind regards,
Combo

For making RAMDisks I like IM Disk. Is this on server hardware or laptop hardware? Unless you have a huge amount of spare ram it's really not worth it because of the data copying and also workstation may not make a snapshot when running in RAMDisk with first modifying the .vmx file.

High capacity SSD is normally enough without RAMDisk for most applications.

I assume you are already using SSD so what is it about the application that Needs RAMDisk?