Vijeo Designer Replacing Variables (Schneider HMI)

mar_13

Dear All,

Is it possible to replace a variables in vijeo desiger like other HMI software by find replace variables to save time.
let's say that a faceplate with following variable:
P1_RUN
P1_REMOTE
P1_FAULT

and I want to replace all with:
P2_RUN
P2_REMOTE
P2_FAULT

Is it possible

Regards,
Marwan

Last edited:
If you change the variable in the variable definition table then it is changed throughout the project.
A couple of thoughts, if you have multiple devices with similar setups (as in your example) then you can build a user defined type with all the elements (Run, Remote, Fault) and then just create instances of that type. Then just change the name of the tag P1 to P2 and all the references will be changed (to use in the project use the format P1.Run)
Another way to organise your tags is to use folders, ie create a P1 folder and put all the tags associated with P1 in that folder then you just change the folder name (same usage method as above eg P1.Run)

Thanks Geof :)

Could you please send me a document to show how to create instance.

I have the same face plate for 50 pumps and I don't want to animate each item inside each face plate 50 times.

Regards,
Marwan

Last edited:
I mean I want to copy a face plate of pump # 1 (Already animated for pump 1) then make it to pump # 2 without modifying each animation.

This feature is available in other HMI's software and SCADA software.

Regards,
Marwan

I have the same desire which is to take a simple grouped object that in my case uses three different variables, copy it, and paste it somewhere else on my screen and reassign a different set of variables. Surely there is a way to do this. I see some discussion in help about "reference" tags, but have not yet gotten my head wrapped around it. Has anyone solved this issue?

All my previous comments still stand. If you are using the latest version (6.2 thanks Chud) then search for placeholders. This will do exactly what you want