Wincc Flexible Transfer

jairus

Hello experts,

Can anyone help me in Wincc Flexible 2008 SP2 to transfer a program from my laptop to MP277 10" touch. via S7 PC adapter USB (6es7972-0cb20-0xa0).

In HMI i set:
-Channel 2
-profibus/mpi/s7 ethernet
-enable channel: mpi > properties> adress 3

In my laptop i set:
-setPG> pc adapter (auto)>adress 3

-during transfer:
wincc transfer>mode>mpi/dp.adress 3

and i set tranfers mode also in HMI.

after a few seconds it will display " COULD NOT ESTABLISH COMMUNICATION"

i hope you can help me here.

thank you in advance.

Have to agree with JesperMP.
If you can use Ethernet, use it.
The USB adapters with WinCC Flex are often a hit and miss.

WinCC Flex Transfer

I agree with Jesper, try use Ethernet , but if there is no choice other than your PC Adapter, make sure that the LED's at the adapter lit when you plug it at both the panel & PC side, otherwise you will not be able to download using the adapter.

Cheers
Hagos

Thank you all, I think it works with S7 Ethernet. But It shows me this message.

Download is not possible. The “version of the device” in your Wincc flexible project and the version of the operating system of the device are not compatible. Do you want to perform an operating system update for the HMI device? Y/N.

I press Yes, but nothing happen, OS update was failed.
So I went to Project menu > Transfer. (I set communication to s7 Ethernet)
The only options available were Transfer and Backtransfer all other were disabled including OS update.
Is there any idea how to deal with this? Thank you…

A guess. You have entered the IP address of something that is not the panel you intend to reach. Then you get the "version of device" message, because WinCC Flexible thinks it is just the firmware that is wrong.

If you want to do the transfer by MPI try setting your adapter for MPI and not auto. Probably a silly question but is the screen connected to the MPI port of your CPU or the Profibus port? If it's on your MPI network do you have the necessary termination switches turned on?

WinCC Flexible has two Ethernet drivers that can download to the panels, and I often see that error when I have the wrong one selected. S7Ethernet can allow you to search for the IP of the panel as if it were a Profinet device. This can be convenient, but the driver does not work across routers and does not allow an OS download. It allows "normal" panel downloads only.

If the panel needs an OS Update, you need to use the Ethernet driver. It requires you to know the IP address of the panel, but allows you to do OS updates and also to download via a router if desired.

As with all of the Siemens panels, you must select the driver in the control panel of the HMI, as well as in the engineering software.

I also always use the "ethernet" driver rather than the "S7 ethernet" driver.

I think that the advantage of the "S7 Ethernet" driver is that it allows you to use S7 Routing (not the same as going via a regular router).

Didnt know that there is such a limitation that you cant download an OS update.

If you want to do the transfer by MPI try setting your adapter for MPI and not auto. Probably a silly question but is the screen connected to the MPI port of your CPU or the Profibus port? If it's on your MPI network do you have the necessary termination switches turned on?
@beethoven_ii thank you so much for your reply. The connection is between my PC and the Control Panel (HMI) only, it's not yet connected to any other CPU like PLC. but i will try it.

:DCheers! haha. Thank you all guys for your help. Finally it transfers and the OS updated successfully completed with Ethernet connection not the S7 ethernet... Thank you all again :D