Panel View Plus 600 String Display Problem

yojunib

Hi,
I have configured a tag of string with length 6. Ie N16:1 to N16:6. When that string is displayed in panel view it is showing in reverse order...

ie

In PLC N16:1 Have 6 that is the length of string
N16:2 Have 12
N16:3 Have 34

BUT IN PANEL VIEW IT IS DISPLAYED AS 2143
insted of 1234

Any help...

If available use the SWP command in the PLC to swap the bytes of each word. If available string (ST) type files show the characters in the order they will be read. How are the string characters placed into the N file?

Last edited:
I am using RIO communication to communicate with plc to PV so block transfer is used. for that only integer data file to be used...

So they will have to be placed into the N register words in the proper order for display as a string. First character in the low byte, second character in the high byte. Third character in low byte of the second word and so on. Either you want the string to read correctly on the Panelview or in your N registers, your choice.

How to place first character in low byte and second in high byte.. Which instruction to be used... Please help.... I am new to plc... Dont have much experience in it...

How are the characters placed in the N registers right now? If you are manually entering them just eenter them in the reverse order on each word.

If they were in the correct order in the ASCII file they should be in the correct order in the Integer file. View the ASCII file in the ASCII format. The ASCII format automatically displays the lower byte character on the left and the upper byte character on the right for each group of two characters. You can even enter long groups of characters and the software will distribute them properly across the memory locations. Then, using the Radix control in the lower right, change the view to 'Hex/BCD' and look at the order of the hex values.

The same Radix control options are available for the Integer file.

In plc it is coming right but when displayed in pv it is going the other way round is there any setting in pv...?