Button action stopped working after software upgrade

Brian7424

I replaced and upgraded a PC running RSView SE Station 4.0 CPR 9 to FTView SE Station 7.0 and now some buttons don't work. Buttons are set to toggle a tag value but don't and it's not all of the buttons in the application just certain ones on certain displays.
If I go to the button properties and change the action and change it right back and hit OK then the action works from the application. Nothing shows up in the Diagnostics Viewer

In my experience the upgrade is not exactly painless. I suggest you fully test your application and check all actions and animations.

Hi

I had small issues with trends also lately when I went from vet 4 straight to ver 7. I had to delete the pen and created it using the same tag and away it went

Donnchadh

Toggle buttons in general are bad ideas with FTView. Make them all momentary, handle the toggling in the PLC, and after the button is read by the PLC, forcibly unlatch it, as FTView doesn't always release even momentary buttons.

Make sure you have the latest patch roll-ups for both View SE and Factorytalk.

The Factorytalk one in particular fixed a bunch of qwirks for me.

Thanks baldone,
I had patches installed but were from Nov, installed current ones and some objects work now, not all but it cuts down what I have to correct by half :)