Panelview 2711-B5A5

RoboKD

Hello,

I have Panelbuilder32 3.83.01, and need to write a program for one of these. The problem is I've tried all different protocols and none of them come up as a B5A5.

Any ideas?

Your PV has a RS232 port with DH485 protocol.

Does your PC have a real serial port? If not you will need a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter) to get connected.

Or use a memory card to upload/download your PV's program.

I have PanelBuilder version 3.80 not 3.83 so there may be some differences. Try the following. At the first opening screen, be sure the Create a new application bullet point is checked. Click OK. Next screen, fill in an application name. Next, under Type, Click PV550. Next, under Protocol, Click DH485. Next, Click Catalog & Revision Numbers. Next, find and Click 2711-K5A5. I think it is similar to the B5A5. I think and I may be wrong, but the difference is a Blue screen instead of an Amber screen. Try this to see. Maybe someone else on the forum will correct me if this is wrong.

Last edited:
The key to selecting your PV 2711-B5A5 is selecting the "Keypad & Touch"
button. See picture below.

B5A5.png

Thanks, Mickey. I missed that one bullet point about the Keypad & Touch option. I just had a gut feeling that I was wrong about the Blue screen. I'm not sure, maybe I was confusing it with the PV600. It has been more than 12 years since I worked on any of the the Panelview units.