Multi-dimensional FGEN equivalent?

Paul351W

I am working on a motor control project that may require me to send a current command based on speed, as well as torque requested, if the current to torque relationship does not prove to be linear.

I am familiar with the FGEN function, having used it several times, but it can only deal with one variable (Y) instead of two. I may need to have a table of torque to current values for various speeds and interpolate between them to issue the correct command but I am not sure exactly how to go about that, short of doing it all manually, or running multiple FGEN functions and doing the interpolation manually.

I have read a little bit about the MCCP instruction, but I have never used motion instructions before so it is not very clear to me if it can do what I need or not.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

RSLogix or?
FGEN can be done in Function Block or Structured Text in the Controllogix and Compactlogix PLCs. And it supports X and Y with you telling it how many DINTS are in the X and Y.

Last edited:
Sorry bout that. This will be on an L62 controllogix processor. After some thinking I might be able to do a two stage computation with 3 FGEN instructions and some arrays.