RSLogix Emulate 500 stations?

Hemlock

I've been working with the emulator, and have it opening and working with some things that I've put together with the Micrologix 1400 series B I have. The biggest hurdle was realizing that the emulator won't work with the B series, but changing the processor type to "A" hasn't caused me problems so far.

So, when I was getting things set up I seem to have to select a new station number when I open the file the file in the emulator. Reusing one gives me an error message and tells me the number must be unique. After realizing this I don't open a new one but open the file and connect from there to of the existing ones.

HOw do I remove the redundant stations?

Open rslinx "who active", expand the driver you are using, and see if the unused stations appear there. if so, right click and remove them there.

I tried that before, Okie. I can remove them, but they reappear as soon as I reopen the simulator. If the simulator is open when I remove them the immediately reappear at the end of the list.

Hemlock,

each time you use the emulator, you assign it a station #.
before you exit the emulator, you must close the project first.
that way you don't clutter up your usage file.
i have to go to a line, i will try to explain later.

look at your open file log in the emulator and close the projects.

regards,
james