CompactLofix To PV+ - Detect Comm Error?

skyfox

Lifetime Supporting Member
Can someone help me out on how to detect an Ethernet comm error from a PanelView + that is talking to a Compactlogix ?

I am using Factory Talk View Me 7.0.

Say for an example someone unplugging the Ethernet cable. I want to detect this comm loss and put up an alarm on the PV+ .

On the same note, how can I bring in the "Run Status" of the PLC in to PV+

Many Thanks.

There are several "pre-defined items" for each [Shortcut] in RSLinx Enterprise.

These include the [Shortcut]@IsPresent tag, and the [Shortcut]@Mode tag.

The best documentation I've found for these is in the RSLinx Enterprise online Help file.

You can use these Items directly as Alarm triggers; I do that so that I have some time-stamped records of when the PLC or network has been disconnected.