Unity Pro XL 7 DFB's

Strokur

Hello again,

I was just wondering, I have 2 separate DFBs 1 to find the level of product and another to scale it according to Specific Gravity of specified product. I've thought about just rewriting both DFBs(The first I had to rewrite old logic and the second I wrote for my boss). Then I wondered if I could just modify the inputs/outputs and save the hassle of rewriting both.

1. Can I use a DFB inside another? (I tried in a test project seemed to work).

2. Is this going to affect the performance of either DFB or the relay of information enough to cause concern?

Regards,
Strokur

Hi Strokur.

Yes you can use number of DFB's inside a DFB.
For example.
You have build 2 application DFB's for PUMP OPERATION & RUN HOURS.
Now you are building third DFB where in you can use the above DFB's & default libset DFB's as many times you want.

It never affect other DFB's or other logic

In a recent project I have build a DFB with almost 58 IO's consisting of number of Application DFB's and Default DFB's.

Regards.

Meghnesh is correct, and I would do it this way.

Another thing to keep in mind when using DFB you can create multiple sections of code within a dfb to segregate your logic, you could create a section for scaling and another section for specific gravity.
Also remember you can create user defined types (structures) and use these as the inputs or outputs to a dfb.

Thanks for the input guys! I had tested it shortly after posting and it seemed to work out fine I just wasn't sure if there were repercussions. Now I'll just have to work on condensing some of this. Again I appreciate everything!