Loading arm and batch controller

Charbel

Dear,

i was looking at the attached, loading arm taking from a tanker and then loading the fuel in a tank, while at the end before loading ina tank measuring it with a positive displacement flowmeter.

I noticed that maybe because they are using a pump that is why they dont have a batch controller.

when the tanker is empty, they will know from the low flow switch before the pump... so what is mainly used for? a batch controller? for controlling the quantity of fuel that will going to the system correct? since we have a pump here then we dont need this....
usually the limit switches of the loading arm should be connected to the batch controller and other things like grounding of the tanker and emergency push buttons... etc..

Am i thinking right? in this case, do we need a batch controller? and the other things that are normally connected to the batch controller can be connected to the central controller... please advice

thanks a lot!

charbel

loading arm.jpg

Am i thinking right? in this case, do we need a batch controller?
Your P&ID drawing shows that the pump is not being controlled by the Flow Transmitter FT-3007A (the best I can tell from the fuzzy letters). If you want to be able to set the volume of fuel to be moved, then start the pump and have it cut off when that volume is reached, then yes you would need some type of controller.

Last edited: