Powerflex 525 on Devicenet

GraRob

Hi Guys
Looking for some help here, I have recently replaced 2 160 drives with new Powerflex 525 drives on a devicenet network.
I was getting problems with other things on the network faulting randomly and bus off faults at scanner when I powerred up. This was cured by setting the d/net cards on drives to fixed baud rate, rather than 'autobaud'.
Then randomly a drive would not get the run signal when it was on in PLC. Rockwell advised me to flash the new drives firmware up to version 1.005, this was done and fault cleared. I then had a problem with the situation when a guard was openned, the power to the drives drop out ( as expected), when they power-up again all led's on the comms card are flashing therefore no comms to the drive. Drop 24v supply to d/net and when switched back on fault clears. Rockwell then advised ne to flash the drives up to the latest and just released firmware version 2.002 to cure this fault.
I have done this, but now everytime I power up the drive it gets a F72- Opt Net Loss. I press reset and it goes away, but I don't want it go into fault mode every power up.

Sorry if this is a bit long winded for a first post, but thought the background info may help others and any help on why this fault appears would be apreciated.

GR

Hi,
The drives I use are on Ethernet instead of DeviceNet. I set Param#C125 to a "1" instead of the default of "0". You should have a similar setting.

[Comm Loss Action]
Sets the drive's response to a loss of connection or excessive
communication errors on the RS485 port.
Default: 0 = Fault
Values: 0 = Fault
1 = Coast Stop
2 = Stop
3 = Continu Last
Type: Read/Write
Reset Required: No

BD