how to make a Chart on Factory talk

ADRIANBar

Good morning I need to make a chart (graph) of force ("y" axis) and distance ("x" axis),and have a high and low limit profiles. Can you tell me if that is possible and how to.
Thanks in advance.

This is an image of what I need to do but i need it in factory talk, I have a Panel view plus 600

CAM01360.jpg

You can make trend screens in Factory Talk which would be very similar to what you are doing here. The first thing is you need to create a Data Log for the trends by adding the tags that are used above.

Don't trend screens have time as the 'X' axis? He wants a distance value as the 'X' axis. You may have to log the values to an Excel type spreadsheet and do the chart there.

There is no easy way to make a true X-Y chart in FactoryTalk View ME / PV+.

There's an "X-Y" option in the Trend object that will replace the X-axis with a tag value instead of time, but it still plots points based on time, rather than taking an array of data from array tags and plotting it all at once.

I've seen people create X-Y charts by 'playing' the data out to the Trend object, but it's not an ideal workaround.