RSView ME 3.2 to 3.0

jstauf86

Sorry I am new to RSView ME Studio.

I work in a maintenance department for a distribution center, we have AB VersaView 300r PC that are obsolete and dieing. I am trying to replace them with normal industrial PC from the same time period "both running Windows 2000".

The VersaView PC are running RSView ME 3.2, I only have RSView ME 3.0 (with no Rockwell support). I found what looks to be a full RSView project for my "distribution center" (but may not be fully up to date).

Was there any big changes between 3.0 and 3.2? Do you see any problems I may run into?

BTW because of the cost and security it is very hard for me to purchase new software. All new software needs to be approved by corporate IT.

Last edited:
I am sympathetic to your difficulties in purchasing software and support, but it's time for your employer to invest in an upgrade.

RSView ME 3.0 and 3.2 were, to put it charitably, not stable software.

You cannot backward-migrate any RSView software. That's just not the way it works.

If you attempt to migrate an RSView ME 3.2 project that may not be complete onto an installation on RSView ME 3.0, the result is unlikely to be a usable HMI.