Powerflex 40 on Rslogix 5000

MattEveritt6

Hello,
I am currently working on a project trying to connect a PowerFlex 40 drive over ethernet in RSlogix 5000 (v20). The major revision of the drive is 5.1 and by default it goes to 6 and won't let me change it. Whenever I select the drive it tells me it cannot find this folder: RADrives_PF7.msi
Does anyone have any information on setting this up? I am currently using the data sheet that rockwell has provided to set up communication and it's not working.
Thanks

To test, I set up a new program in RSLogix 5000 V20.11 with an L35E and a PF40 via 22-COMM-E. By default it was set to V6 firmware, but let me change it to V5. It even gave me the choice to go back to V1.

Checked the Knowledgebase and found answer #530341 with your issue, which showed the resolution was to uninstall RSLogix 5000 and re-install.

Let me know if you want me to try another combination or version.

PF40.jpg

Can you upload the drive definition from the drive into Logix? I routinely have to do this with the 7xx series drives.

IIRC, I get there by opening the 'General' properties tab of the configuration dialog, click the 'Change' button under 'Module Definition', and then on the 'Module Definition' dialog, click 'Create Database'.

Yes, it looks like you would click through this path: Module Properties - General tab - Change - Match Drive. This would match the configuration and revision of an online drive.

Yes, it looks like you would click through this path: Module Properties - General tab - Change - Match Drive. This would match the configuration and revision of an online drive.

The "Match Drive" option doesn't exactly work if you don't already have a database for that particular firmware loaded; that's why I always create a new database first for any new drive firmware.

I'm not sure, but I think it works as well if you create the database using Drive Executive software.